Check back for updates, if you have ideas or want to participate shoot us an e-mail and let us know!
Currently we’re looking for vendors for our comic event. If you sell items that would be appropriate for our event please fill out our application!
- A Con-Quest – can you complete the Library Quests?
- Photo Booth
- Extra-life w/Retro Gaming
- Virtual Reality Games with Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Currently we don’t have a schedule
Q: Is there a cost to attend this event?
A: No, there isn’t. This event is free to the public. But bring money though! We’ll have booths of vendors selling comics, and fandom related items.
Q: Is cosplay/costumes allowed?
A: Yes! Cosplay is strongly encouraged at our event. We just ask attendees to keep in mind this is a family event when choosing outfits. (Also Check out our Cosplay FAQs for more information about the cosplay policy at our library)
Q: Are you doing a cosplay fashion show ?
A: Yes we are! As our culminating event for the mini-con, we roll out the red carpet and all our costumed attendees are welcome to show off their outfit.
Q: Will there be anything else to do at the library?
A: Yes! We will have crafts to do, as well as some games and other events throughout the day.
Q: Can I still check out books that day or use the computer?
A: Yes, we will still be open for business as usual. However be aware the mini-con will be throughout the entire library, it will be busy that day, and noisy.
Q: Can I take photos during the event?
A: Yes! If you want to take pictures with, or of a cosplayer be sure to ask! Chances are, they’ll say yes.
Q: When will the event schedule be posted?
A: We will have the event schedule up several weeks before the con. We will continually update our information page as we are able.
Q: Are there costume specifications that I should know about?
· We love seeing cosplays representing movies, TV shows, books, anime, and video games!
· Original costumes not representing a particular character are awesome too!
· Creativity is encouraged.
· All costumes must be suitable for a family-friendly audience.
· Nudity or the illusion of nudity is not allowed.
· Profanity (including messages on clothing) is not allowed.
Q: What props am I allowed to bring?
· Prop weapons made of light materials such as foam, cardboard, or wood are allowed.
· Prop firearms or weapons must not be so realistic that they could be mistaken for actual weapons. Barrels of all prop firearms must have brightly colored caps in the barrels.
· No metal-bladed weapons including swords.
· No hard prop weapons made of metal or fiberglass.
· No projectile weapons of any type, including water guns.
If you’re interested in hosting a workshop/panel or having a table during our mini-con please contact the library and let us know!
Please fill out the Exhibitor Application and we’ll get in touch.
We do have limited space for tables, but you’re always welcome to check and see if we still have spots.
Q: What counts at an Exhibitor?
A: Any and all of the below (and probably some we forgot) would all be included in the Exhibitor Application.
- Education / Non-profit
- Book/Comic/Game/Collectable/Toy Shop
Q: Do you provide any tables?
A: We have some 30″ x 60″ tables. We can provide one table to each exhibitor at a first come first serve basis when applying. You are more than welcome to bring your own table(s) if you would like.
Q: The application mentions donating item(s) for the contests, am I required to donate stuff?
A: No, you’re not. We just appreciate the donation for use as a raffle prize for con attendees. Everyone gets a ticket at the front door to be entered to win that prize basket from our vendors.
Q: When can I setup my booth?
A: The Friday evening before the event (times listed on application), and also that Saturday morning before the con start time. If you need special accommodations outside those hours please contact the library and we will do our best to work with you on that.
Q: Am I required to stay all day?
A: Exhibitors are strongly encouraged to stay all day, but we understand if that isn’t possible. Just let us know when you’ll be available to attend.
Q: Do I need to bring lunch/water?
A: We will provide light refreshments and some beverages for exhibitors throughout the day.
Q: I have an idea for a panel as well as I want to have a table, what should I do?
A: Fill out the application for the table, and also reach out to us regarding the panel. We would love to hear your ideas.