Do you have a passion for helping others and libraries? Join our team!
The Bridgeville Public library is looking for a Part-Time Community Services Clerk.
A qualified candidate is an enthusiastic, customer-service oriented person who can assist people from a cross-section of backgrounds with their information needs and reading interests in a busy, fast-paced public service environment.
For the full job description you can read below and then visit the Employment Page to download the job application.
Employment Status: Part-time (10 – 15 hours per week)
Combination of daylight, evening, and weekend hours
Reports to: Library Director
This position often represents the public’s first impression of the library. In addition to customer service, this position involves a variety of clerical and technical duties. Assignments typically involve checking materials in and out; providing general information to patrons; providing technology assistance to patrons; ensuring that the library is orderly; and receiving payments. Other duties are assigned as necessary.
- Welcome all patrons and assist patrons in using the library and its resources
- Provide excellent customer service at the circulation desk, including but not limited to fulfilling patron requests, circulation of materials, and handling reserved materials
- Process daily deliveries of materials
- Provide reference, readers advisory, and technology services in a courteous and enthusiastic manner to patrons of all ages
- Multitask with patrons, staff members, and library volunteers
- Ability to work independently and within a team model
- Maintain appearance of library, including shelving materials, shelf reading, dusting and straightening chairs and furniture
- Assist with library programs and fundraising activities as assigned
- Participate in continuing education opportunities and professional development
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience as library worker or volunteer preferred
- Demonstrated experience with computers and technology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Evening and weekend availability
While performing the duties of this job the employee: will be regularly required to bend,
stoop, and lift materials for prolonged periods of time; will reach with hands and arms;
may be frequently required to lift materials up to 25 pounds and push a loaded book
truck weighing up to 75 pounds; must regularly operate computer hardware and
software, and typical office equipment efficiently; and regularly talk and/or hear. Work is
performed primarily in an office environment while seated or standing for extended
periods. Some travel to other locations to perform work and/or attend meetings is
required. There may be some work performed outside or in other community buildings.
Bridgeville Public Library is managed by South Fayette Township Library. The libraries
established a partnership in 2013 in order to promote shared resources, programming
opportunities, and staffing. The libraries are located approximately two miles apart
serving the Township of South Fayette, the Borough of Bridgeville, and surrounding
communities including the South Fayette School District and Chartiers Valley School
South Fayette Township Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make
reasonable accommodations to assure access to all persons. New hires are subject to
fingerprinting and a background check upon acceptance of an offer of employment
Please send an application (available at the library or online at
Ben Hornfeck, Director
Bridgeville Public Library
505 McMillen Street
Bridgeville, PA 15017
or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org