Summer Reading Club (Ages 0-12)
Kids ages 0–12 years old are invited to dive into some good books this summer with the Bridgeville Public Library Summer Reading Club (SRC)! This summer SRC will run from June 10 through August 5. To participate in SRC all you need to do is:
- Register at the library! Stop by the SRC Table or the Circ Desk to register and pick up an “All Together Now” Reading Log. You can also download and print these forms by clicking the buttons below. When you turn in your registration form, you’ll get a house to decorate for our library display!
- Enjoy some good books! Kids can read or be read to, keep track of what they’ve read, then report back to the library. Keep track of how many minutes read each week. Read a minimum of 1 hour each week for a weekly prize, and for every 1 hour they read kids also get a chance to vote for which charity the library will donate to at the end of the summer!
- Just 10 Hours! Kids who read at least 10 hours will receive a free book and an invitation to our End of Summer Carnival on August 9th. (Kids can earn more than 1 book over the course of the summer, just download or ask for additional reading logs!)
- Read for a Need! Kids who read this summer can help give back to the community by voting on which charity we’ll donate to in August! This year’s recipients will be either the Colt Closet, which supports Chartiers Valley students in need of basic necessities such as school supplies or clothes, or Bridgeville Community Food Bank, which distributes groceries to families in need in the Chartiers Valley and South Fayette communities.
- Bridgeville Public Library End of Summer Carnival – Wednesday, August 9 at 1:00 pm! All kids who complete their Summer Reading goals will receive an invitation to our End of Summer Carnival!
Be sure to check out our program schedule for fun events throughout the summer! Participation is open to all kids – registration is required for most programs. Call the Bridgeville Library at 412-221-3737 or click a button below to register or for more information.
Teen Summer Reading Bingo!
Once you get a bingo, please, bring the card to the library. This bingo card will count as your ticket. Once you bring in your card, you will receive a pompom to vote for a local charity that we will donate to at the end of summer.
You will also be asked to decorate a town building to put in our summer community mural.